Baccalaureate is a celebration that honors graduating seniors (undergraduate – traditional and non-traditional) and is a Christian-based, interdenominational service. Attendance is mandatory for graduating seniors (undergraduate – traditional and non-traditional).
Friday, May 13, 2016
Jane M. Smith Memorial Church
- Graduating Seniors (Undergraduate – Traditional and Non-Traditional) will assemble in Biddle Hall - Sarah Belk Gambrell Auditorium at 5 p.m.
- Cap and Gown (NOTE: honor cords, tassels, medallions, fraternity and sorority kente cloth stoles are not permitted for Baccalaureate. These will be worn during Commencement only).
- Dress pants or dress skirts that show below the hem of the gown/robe must be dark in color.
- Collared shirts that show above the neckline of the gown/robe must be white.
- Ties must be dark in color.
- Dress shoes must be appropriately formal and dark in color.
- Religious headwear, if worn, must be dark in color.
- Earrings must be small (i.e. pearl or other studs). No dangling jewelry (earrings, bracelets, etc.).
- Marshals will arrange the order of the procession and will lead you to your reserved seats.
- Seniors will not be permitted to enter the church once the program has begun.
- Men should remove their caps prior to the invocation and place them on their heads just before marching out after the benediction.
- Faculty Marshalls will also lead the recessional.
- Space is very limited in the church and tickets will be required for admission. Graduating seniors will receive two (2) tickets; tickets will be included in your Ticket and Information Packet.
- Viewing will also be available in the Science Center Auditorium