How can I get Federal Work-Study?
User: josh
Date: 8/23/2011 9:57 am
Views: 1034
Rating: 0

Students must reapply each year for the FAFSA and Work-Study Program. Students are not automatically enrolled and eligibility one year does not necessarily indicate eligibility for the next. Please be advised that both work study and SEOG are incentives for those students who file their FAFSA paperwork on time.

At JCSU, in order to be considered for work-study, you must complete and mail your FAFSA to the processing Center 1-800-4-FED-AID, which takes approximately 4-6 weeks to process (or complete online). If completing online, both student and parent must have their individual pin number to successfully complete.

You must also submit a copy of your parent’s signed federal income tax returns and a current verification worksheet to the Financial Aid Office no later than March 1 of each year. Feel free to fax your paperwork to us at (704) 378-1292. (Be sure to attach a cover page with your name and id number with any and all paperwork being faxed.)

If your FAFSA is invalid or not calculated, additional paperwork may be needed and must also be submitted by March 1st. It is important to read your Student Aid Report (SAR)! Your SAR summarizes all of the information reported on your FAFSA. It will tell you if your SAR is invalid/not calculated or if you are selected for verification.

Do not wait for the Financial Aid Office inform you that you have been selected for verification or that your SAR is invalid! If you are not sure, ask. Failure to read your SAR may cost you valuable time, and you may not receiving Work-Study or SEOG. If your paperwork is submitted after our March 1 deadline, there is a good chance you will not receive work-study for the entire school year (work-study is awarded based on availability of funds so the earlier you apply, the better your chances).