Duke-Hall.jpg

[]

Named for university donor and business magnate James B. Duke, Duke Hall was built in 1941 as the first dorm for women at JCSU. Until the 1930s the school had been male-only, and with the construction of Duke it became fully co-educational for the first time in its history. The building was recently renovated, and has 36 residential suites housing 70 students. Each suite includes its own bath and shower with plumbing fixtures to reduce energy and water consumption, and Duke Hall's common areas include a campus community room, laundry rooms and syndicate rooms for studying and small meetings. 

Duke Hall Duke Library New Science Center Smith Church The Arch Yancy Technology Center Davis Science Hall Perry Science Hall Carnegie The Block Student Union Health Center Campus Police Humanities Building McCrorey Smith Hall Metropolitan College Human Resources Johnson Seabrook Integrated Studies Faculty House HealthPlex Brayboy Gymnasium Irwin Belk Complex Basketball Courts Tennis Courts Sustainability Village Greek Plots Greenfield Hall New Residence Hall Hartley Woods Band Room Carter Hall Myers Hall Career Services Counseling Center Sanders Hall Liston Hall Duke Hall Davis House Mosaic Village