band.jpg

[]

The home of JCSU’s marching band, the International Institution of Sound, is located behind Biddle Hall, in a structure built in 1922 that once served as the school’s first cafeteria. In 1992, it broke the Guinness Book world record, marching 45 miles around Charlotte to raise money for a trip to Spain that it never made.JCSU has a rich musical heritage that includes the Biddleville Quintet, a touring gospel group that recorded in the 1920s, and the university band started by music professor Dr. Thomas Long in the early 1900’s. The Band room has provided practice and performance space for the marching band, the University Choir, jazz ensembles, and many more expressions of the art form of music over the years. 

Band Room Duke Library New Science Center Smith Church The Arch Yancy Technology Center Davis Science Hall Perry Science Hall Carnegie The Block Student Union Health Center Campus Police Humanities Building McCrorey Smith Hall Metropolitan College Human Resources Johnson Seabrook Integrated Studies Faculty House HealthPlex Brayboy Gymnasium Irwin Belk Complex Basketball Courts Tennis Courts Sustainability Village Greek Plots Greenfield Hall New Residence Hall Hartley Woods Band Room Carter Hall Myers Hall Career Services Counseling Center Sanders Hall Liston Hall Duke Hall Davis House Mosaic Village