JCSU News will only be distributed ONCE daily.
JCSU News is only for those circumstances when no other single communication method or combination of methods is sufficient. This approach prevents excessive email “spamming” to the university community and ensures that high priority communications reach the intended audience. Campus announcements are for the Johnson C. Smith University campus or JCSU-sponsored activities and events only. Occasionally, announcements may provide information from partners if the information is related to campus constituents.
The University Communications and Marketing department has final discretion to determine JCSU News content and posting dates. Items may be submitted by current faculty, staff or students, or their respective campus departments, offices, committees or clubs using a JCSU e-mail address.
To submit content for JCSU News, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
- Write a brief announcement in Garamond font, 14 point, with single line spacing.
- Do not include special characters.
- Be sure names and titles are spelled correctly.
- Spell out acronyms.
- Do not insert hyperlinks. Instead, type the URL you want linked. Email your document as an attachment to News@jcsu.edu.
A flyer may be sent IN ADDITION TO the requested Word document if announcement should include an attachment. Student messages must be approved by the department head and be applicable to a broad group of faculty, staff, and/or students.Information about events open only to select groups of faculty, staff or students generally will not be posted.
Photos: Images pertinent to the announcement may be included. Click art files will generally not be used. Please note that the preferable format for documents is Microsoft Word instead of Microsoft Publisher or Microsoft PowerPoint.
These are general guidelines. Other conditions may apply.
Please include the following information:
- A short subject line.
- The e-mail address and phone number of the person to contact for more information.
- Please use complete sentences. whether the event is open to faculty/staff only, faculty/staff/students/, faculty/staff/students/alumni, or the public at large.
- If you are submitting news about an event, please include the time, day, date and location; including specific building and room number (Do not use abbreviations or informal building names).
Submissions with incomplete information will not be posted.
All submissions for next day release are due the previous day by 5 p.m.
If there is an event date or deadline in your message, please send the announcement at least one week ahead of action or response. To be fair to all news submitters, JCSU News generally does not run particular items multiple times without special circumstance and prior approval from the Director of University Communications and Marketing.
Announcements of sudden or last-minute events or changes to events will be handled case by case.