Johnson C. Smith University Choir to perform at First Baptist West Church Concert kicks off spring tour
Charlotte, N.C. – The Johnson C. Smith University Concert Choir will perform at First Baptist West Church on March 4 at the 11 a.m. morning worship service. The concert kicks off the choir’s spring tour to Charleston and Columbia, S.C.; Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia, Penn.; New York City; and Durham, N.C. The tour will end in Charlotte at Myers Park Baptist Church on March 25 with a performance at 4 p.m. The concert will feature a diverse selection of music including classical, sacred, musical theater, spirituals and contemporary gospel music.
The tour schedule is as follows:
- Zion Olivet Presbyterian Church, Charleston, S.C., March 10, 7 p.m.
- Northminister Presbyterian Church, Columbia, S.C., March 11, 4 p.m.
- Church of the Redeemer Presbyterian, Washington, D.C., March 13, 7 p.m.
- First African Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, Penn., March 14, 7 p.m.
- Rendall Memorial Presbyterian Church, New York, N.Y., March 16, 7 p.m.
- Covenant Presbyterian Church, Durham, N.C., March 18, 3 p.m.
Founded in 1867, Johnson C. Smith University is the premier independent urban liberal arts university located in the heart of Charlotte, N.C. It offers a progressive liberal arts curriculum with 26 fields of study to more than 1,600 students. The University prepares students for success through excellent academic programs with a focus on servant leadership, civic engagement and global responsibility.
Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing
###Return to Latest News