Rev. W. L. Miller
Reverend Willis L. Miller and Reverend S. C. Alexander founded Henry J. Biddle Memorial Institute in 1867. Miller graduated from Union Theological Seminary in Richmond, Virginia in 1853. He was licensed to preach on October 27, 1855, and ordained by the Presbytery of Orange in 1857.
Reverend Miller was one of the founding members of the Catawba Presbytery in 1866 and was elected as Commissioner to the Presbyterian General Assembly in 1877. As the field agent for Henry J. Biddle Memorial Institute, Reverend Willis L. Miller raised money for the institution.