DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA COORDINATOR
Position: Digital Multimedia Coordinator
Department: Information Technology
Division: Academic Support Services
Opening Date: December 30, 2013
Closing Date: POSITION FILLED. 03/13/2014.
Responsibilities: Under occasional supervision, provide daily management of classroom facilities which include deployment of new multimedia equipment, preventative maintenance of installed multimedia equipment, routine checks of installed equipment to ensure functionality and maintaining a complete and accurate inventory of all installed equipment in support of delivery and presentation of electronic information in classrooms.
- Provides technical support to all “smart multimedia” rooms and learning spaces including telephone, email, and in-person communication and support
- Provide technical support and training to faculty and staff in the use of installed equipment, creating written and web based instructions to aid in the appropriate use of multimedia technology.
- Analyzes and diagnoses computer software/hardware/network/multimedia problems and initiates corrective action.
- Assist with creating and maintaining user documentation.
- Installs new systems and equipment; reconnects equipment after maintenance and repair work has been completed.
- Work with user support to ensure proper care and maintenance of multimedia equipment, and works with other members of the support team to document a precise refreshment cycle for classroom equipment.
- Assist in evaluating, specifying, and purchasing new technology and supplies; maintains and organizes supplies
- Project management of new system development.
- Providing on-site technical support for vendor supplied and maintained systems.
- Responsibility for ongoing maintenance of existing systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 1 year of PC, audiovisual and multimedia experience, or equivalent in education and experience. Proficiency in audiovisual and computer equipment and technologies; proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating system preferably in a networked environment; familiarity with basic Windows applications. Video Conferencing experience a plus.
Current working software knowledge:
Position requires superior organizing and coordination skills, in addition to technical knowledge of hardware/software used in University classrooms, knowledge of web collaboration tools, expertise in PCs, Macs and printers with the ability to troubleshoot problems accurately.
Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to:
IT Search Committee
Human Resources Department
Johnson C. Smith University
100 Beatties Ford Road
Charlotte, NC 28216
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (704) 330-1400
Johnson C. Smith University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or veteran’s status as it relates to student enrollment or hiring.
Date Posted: 12/30/2013 2:27 pm