MSW ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Position: MSW ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Salary and Rank: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Division: COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
Department: SOCIAL WORK
OPENING DATE: JULY 23, 2013
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
This appointment begins in August 2014.
The Social Work Department seeks a graduate faculty member who will work with the MSW Program and other social work faculty:
- Assist in the development of the MSW program.
- Participate in the accreditation of the MSW program by CSWE.
- Assist with student recruitment and advisement for graduate social work students.
- Direct and review master’s level research.
- Engage in community service and University-wide committee involvement.
- Participate in the development of relationships with other universities, community organizations, external funding sources, and alumni.
- An established record of scholarship and teaching commensurate with appointment at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor.
- A successful history of securing and administering external grants.
- A strong commitment to diversity, leadership experience in professional state-wide or national organizations, and a strong record of collaboration and commitment to faculty governance.
- Knowledge of CSWE accreditation and experience in curriculum development, program assessment, and preparation of self-studies.
- A demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, research, and service; ability to communicate and work effectively with a culturally-diverse campus community.
- Skill in using technology and teaching on-line courses.
- A Master’s Degree in social work from a CSWE accredited program and a D.S.W. or a Ph.D. in social work or a related field.
- Demonstrated teaching ability at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
Send curriculum vita, cover letter, completed application form, unofficial transcripts from institutions granting graduate degrees (Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions will be required of all finalists) and three letters of recommendation, other supporting documentation (e.g., evidence of teaching effectiveness, administrative expertise and publications) to:
Jeanne F. Cook, Ph.D.
Director, MSW Program
Johnson C. Smith University
100 Beatties Ford Road
Charlotte, NC 28216
Email: email@example.com or fax to (704)330-1494
Johnson C. Smith University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or veteran’s status as it relates to student enrollment or hiring.
Date Posted: 7/23/2013 3:40 pm