DEAN, ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES
DEAN, ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES
Johnson C. Smith University is seeking a Dean of Academic Support Services to serve as chief administrative officer of the division. S/he will oversee all activities of the academic support division, including Information Technology, Library Services, Faculty Development, and Institutional Planning, Assessment, Effectiveness and Research. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will be a senior administrator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a strong background in undergraduate teaching and demonstrated success leading teams in a complex institutional environment. S/he will bring significant experience in institutional effectiveness, grantsmanship, strategic planning and budgeting, and educational and informational technology, with experience in academic administration at or above the level of Chair. An earned doctorate is preferred.
Founded in 1867, Johnson C. Smith University has been ranked several times by U.S. News and World Report as one of the best comprehensive colleges in the South. A private liberal arts university with proud HBCU traditions, Johnson C. Smith enrolls approximately 1,600 highly talented and motivated students from various backgrounds. The University’s leadership has a strong vision of academic and institutional excellence, diversity and community engagement that will transform the University and the surrounding community. For more information about the University, please visit: http://www.jcsu.edu/
- Provide vision and direction for the University’s technology resources and operations.
- Serve as a key advisor to the President and senior administrative team on technology strategies and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and support for the University’s strategic planning activities, program reviews and data reporting for assessment of student learning and retention efforts.
- Work across departments to build and maintain strong assessment programs and deepen a culture of academic assessment.
- Lead budget planning and implementation for the Academic Support Services division.
- Establish a program that provides staff with appropriate feedback and evaluation of their work.
- Promote employee engagement and provide opportunities for professional growth.
- Manage recruiting and hiring processes for staff positions in accordance with established policies.
- Participate in meetings of the Council of Deans.
- Provide information and reports, such as Board and annual reports, class schedules, periodic reports on expenditures and other reports as requested by the Chair of the Council of Deans.
- Related duties, as required.
To apply, or to nominate a candidate, email resume and cover letter to E. Catlin Donnelly & Associates at email@example.com. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Review of candidates will begin immediately, and while the position will remain open until filled, applications received before September 28, 2012 will take precedence. Johnson C. Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson C. Smith University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or veteran’s status as it relates to student enrollment or hiring. Johnson C. Smith University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Johnson C. Smith University.
Date Posted: 8/30/2012 12:24 pm