BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT CHAIR
Salary and Rank: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Division: COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
Department: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND ECONOMICS
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
This tenure-track appointment will begin in August 2013
* A Master’s Degree in business administration, economics or accounting, or evidence of significant experience and expertise as a practitioner in the field.
* Three years of academic administrative experience.
* A strong background in undergraduate teaching with evidence of successful experience in educational and informational technology; and scholarly achievement suitable for a senior academic appointment.
* A demonstrated record of achievement in senior executive business leadership and a passion for the academic environment, with a strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate student learning and faculty scholarship.
* A Ph.D in business administration, economics, accounting, or related field.
* An established record of scholarship and teaching commensurate with appointment at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor and demonstrated administrative experience and significant management responsibilities in a comprehensive university.
* A successful history of securing and administering external grants
* Experience with hiring and mentoring faculty
* A strong commitment to diversity, leadership experience in professional, state-wide or national organizations, and a strong record of collaboration and commitment to faculty governance.
The Business Administration and Economics Department seeks a Department Chair who will provide strategic leadership and direction to the department, which includes the following duties:
* Faculty recruitment, supervision, mentoring, and evaluation
* Establish clear goals and deploy resources as required to meet those goals
* Budget development and administration
* Raise philanthropic resources to build and maintain strong relationships with local and regional businesses
* Develops and maintains excellence in instructional and research programs through the recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty
* Student recruitment and advisement
* Community service and university-wide committee involvement
* Development of relationships with other universities, community organizations, external funding sources, and alumni.
DOCUMENTATION: Letter of application addressing qualifications, professional resume (including e-mail), three recent letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, administrative expertise and publications, JCSU application, and an official transcript from the institution awarding highest degree (at time of appointment).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications to begin April 2013. Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Helen Caldwell, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Johnson C. Smith University
100 Beatties Ford Road
Charlotte, N.C. 28216
Johnson C. Smith University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or veteran’s status as it relates to student enrollment or hiring.
Date Posted: 2/21/2013 6:37 pm