Partner Schools (CAEC)
Johnson C. Smith University is a member of a consortium of Charlotte-area schools, the Charlotte Area Educational Consortium (CAEC). This partnership that allows our students to enroll in classes at other member institutions without additional tuition and fees.
Students may register in classes at CAEC schools that are not available at JCSU. CAEC offers registration during the fall and spring.
How to Enroll
Students who want to participate in this program need to fill out a CAEC registration form, which they can get from the Office of the Registrar, and a Transfer Credit Form [.pdf].
Students must also get the approval of their advisor, the Council of Deans and the registrar. Once permission has been obtained and the forms have been filled out, the student must get in contact with the host institution to register for the class he/she wants to take. The student is also responsible for ensuring that an official transcript is sent to the registrar's office at the end of the semester.
List of CAEC member schools
- Barber-Scotia College
- Belmont Abbey College
- Catawba College
- Catawba Valley Community College
- Central Piedmont Community College
- Cleveland Community College
- Davidson College
- Gardner-Webb University
- Gaston College
- Gordon-Cornwell Theological Seminary-Charlotte
- Lenoir Rhyne College
- Livingstone College College
- Mitchell Community College
- Pfeiffer University
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- South Piedmont Community College
- Stanly Community College
- University of NC at Charlotte
- University of SC at Lancaster
- Wingate University
- Winthrop University
- Johnson C. Smith University
- York Technical College