The benefits of being part of the JCSU family.
The JCSU student experience goes beyond the classroom. Year-round you’ll find activities, celebrations and events on campus. Whether you want to be in the audience or in the spotlight is up to you.
What We've Got
Here are a few student favorites:
- Alumni Connections: Whether you’re looking for inspiration, advice or a job lead, our strong alumni network is a valuable part of the JCSU experience.
- Homecoming: Get caught up in the festivities during this weeklong celebration. Attend a talent show, meet alumni and cheer alongside your fellow students at the big game. This is the time of year when our students and alumni outdo themselves. You don’t want to miss it.
- Lyceum Series: Learn and engage in political, historical and cultural topics presented by influential figures from all walks of life. Open to the public, Lyceums give you the chance to connect with members of our local and campus community about issues that matter.
- Sports: Be a fan and cheer on the Golden Bulls with your fellow students. JCSU athletic teams include football, basketball, track and field, softball, cheerleading and more.
- Band and Cheer: Pump up your school spirit with our award-winning band, the International Institution of Sound, and our beloved cheerleaders, the Luv-a-Bulls.
- Step Shows, Yard Shows, Greek Week and More: Let our fraternities and sororities show you a good time with events planned throughout the school year. Interested in joining? These activities also give you a chance to learn more about becoming a part of JCSU's greek life.
- Religious Life: Connect with other JCSU students and find time for your spiritual life. You’ll discover leadership and service opportunities through the Spiritual Life Center. The center also offers mentoring for our students’ emotional, mental and spiritual needs.
Opportunities for leadership and personal growth.
JCSU is invested in you as a whole person. We encourage students to get involved on campus and in the community. Join a student organization, run for office in the Student Government Association or participate in community service activities and internship opportunities.
It’s what you do both in and out of class that creates your JCSU experience. Building leadership and social skills, learning how to network and communicate your ideas to a diverse audience – it’s all part of a JCSU education.