Called the "heart and soul" of campus and built in 1884, Biddle Memorial Hall now serves as the main administrative building for the university. As the first substantial building built at the campus’s current location, Biddle has served JCSU as classroom space, a theater, the first library faculty and staff offices and in many other ways over its more than 100-year history.
The oldest surviving building on campus, it features a clock tower and is decorated in the typical style of the Victorian Era.
The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and is on the list of designated historic landmarks from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission.
The building was completely renovated around the turn of the century and turned into the main administrative building for the campus.