Apply for Aid
The first step in applying for financial aid is to apply for your Federal Student Aid PIN. Once you have your PIN, you may complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a federal government form that determines your eligibility to receive aid.
By submitting your FAFSA, you will automatically be considered for all types of aid, with the exception of the following:
- DC Money
- institutional aid
- athletic aid
- music scholarships
- Charlotte Incentive Grant
- alternative loans
FAFSA Checklist & Tips
Before completing your FAFSA, review the following:
- Make sure to record your PIN and keep it handy.
- Johnson C. Smith University’s Title IV School Code is 002936.
- List everyone residing in your household, including yourself.
- Income information for all parties must be submitted on the application, including parents.
- Since financial aid is limited, don’t wait until the deadline - apply early!