Who You’ll Work With
Our business and economics faculty members are among the best in their fields. They have Ph.D.s from well-known institutions and many are Certified Public Accountants and Certified Management Accountants.
Cutting-Edge Faculty Research
As business professionals, our faculty members have obtained research grants and national recognition for their work. They have a wide variety of research interests that can benefit you no matter what field you go into.
- JCSU is proud to employ a professor who holds the BB&T Endowed Professorship in Free Enterprise and Capitalism. Her research focuses on minority and female entrepreneurship and has sponsored training programs for small business managers.
- Two of our professors possess a strong background in econometrics — the application of math and statistics to the study of economics — which is rare for a school our size. They teach classes in macroeconomics, international economics and microeconomic theories.
- One of our finance professors is currently researching international commercial banking and market irregularities.
Valuable Community Connections
Our business and economics professors are heavily involved in the Charlotte community. Their connections to executives, community leaders and entrepreneurs help to bring important speakers to our campus.
- Respected business executives regularly participate in our business and economics courses.
- Community and business leaders serve on our Business Advisory Board to maintain a curriculum that will benefit you in the workplace.
- Lyceum programs bring successful professionals to campus to speak with our students.
- You’ll have the opportunity to network and learn from some of Charlotte’s top employers and find internship opportunities that put you on the fast track to a career.
The information on this page is maintained by the Department of Business Administration and Economics. For more information or questions please contact them directly at 704.378.1065.
The biography information shown on this page is automatically generated based on information provided by faculty and staff.