The Duke Endowment Sustainability Summit
Since 2008, Johnson C. Smith University has been part of a unique collaboration with three other colleges and universities to look for ways to become more environmentally sustainable. Created and funded by The Duke Endowment, this collaborative includes administrators, faculty and staff members from Davidson College, Duke University, Furman University and JCSU.
The group meets on the respective campuses each year to share ideas and hear from experts in the field. JCSU is hosting this year’s event on March 28 and 29, 2012. With the theme of community engagement, JCSU will be showcasing its external and internal work as they relate to sustainability.
JCSU has invited a number of noted speakers to discuss issues of sustainability, including:
- Robert Bullard, dean of the Barbara Jordan-Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs, Texas Southern University
- Susan Perry Cole, president and CEO, North Carolina Associations of Community Development Corporations
- Dr. Katherine Loflin, principal, Loflin Consulting Solutions
- Ronald L. Carter, president of Johnson C. Smith University
- Gene Cochrane, president of The Duke Endowment
For additional information about The Duke Endowment or its efforts in sustainability, visit www.dukeendowment.org.