JCSU cares about your spiritual life, as well as your academic pursuits. We realize that to be truly successful in life, you must nurture and grow more than your intellect. Among our freshman students alone, 42% frequently engage in spiritually enhancing activities like worship, meditation and prayer.
On campus, you can choose from a number of religious life programs and student organizations that fit your beliefs and worldviews. It’s up to you to decide if and how you want to participate.
Religious organizations on campus include:
- Muslim Student Association
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- P.U.S.H Ministries (Pray Until Something Happens): A men’s Bible study dedicated to helping young men develop into leaders for their community and society.
- Spiritual Life Center (SLC): Created to support the spiritual, mental and emotional development of our students, the SLC provides mentoring, as well as opportunities for leadership and community service.
- Care Closet Ministry: Students can stop by the SLC and select items they need at no cost and walk away with
pride and dignity.
- Student Christian Association
- University Choir: Comprised of JCSU students, the University Choir represents JCSU at major functions on campus and throughout the country through inspirational and cultural music performances.