The Vitality Challenge and its weight-loss program was developed by Dr. Art Ulene, NBC’s “Today” show family doctor for 23 years and a leader of nationwide health campaigns since 1975. This campaign is intended to create a counter-epidemic of weight loss to address obesity.
The Vitality Challenge is supported by Johnson C. Smith University and Presbyterian Healthcare.
The campaign encourages participants to:
- Choose specific weight-loss behaviors
- Register and check the Vitality Challenge website daily, www.buckapound.com
- Monitor progress weekly
- Participate in community activities by posting comments or visiting a website chat room at least twice weekly
As a participant, you will:
- Receive regular emails with motivating tips and information
- Be asked to rate the behaviors you have used
- Have the opportunity to trade in the behaviors that have been unsuccessful or hard to follow
- Receive updates on progress with the pilot program
Follow these simple steps to register:
- Go to www.buckapound.com
- Click the Sign Up Now!
- Follow the instructions until you get to the page that asks for a CODE
- On that page, enter the following code exactly as show here in the box provided: OGMM0001
- Enter the code a second time in the second box provided for confirmation
- Click "enter code"
- Explore the site and have fun!