We know a healthy life is often too hard to achieve alone. The constant battle for more time, motivation and balance can make you feel overwhelmed. Through ongoing conversations in person, on the phone or over email, a health coach can be your sounding board, helping you break through barriers that can interfere with your health and happiness.
An educated health coach will be a trusted confidant, helping you set goals, create action steps and advise you along the way. Like traditional coaching, health coaches utilize goal setting, identification of obstacles, and use of personal support systems. Together you and your health coach will discover your innate ability to ignite positive change in your own life.
Health coaching participants will undergo an initial consultation which will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. The initial consultation will be in-person and establish the participant’s goals, actions steps, barriers, and set a level of commitment to each goal on a 1-10 scale.
Weekly follow up sessions will then be conducted for 3 months and may be conducted in-person, on the phone, or through emails.
First Month Objective: To integrate regular exercise and an eating strategy into your routine
- Getting started… creating an exercise and eating plan that works for you
- Learning the job of “lifestyle manager”
- Scheduling and time management
- Ending the food battle once and for all
- Quantifying progress
Second Month Objective: To establish a set of sustainable lifestyle rules and uses them to achieve success
- Understanding the science of long-term change
- Keeping things simple
- Learn how you are preventing fitness
- Overcoming the fear of change
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses
Third Month Objective: Committing to your goals, and pursuing them each day with confidence, self-control and steady perseverance
- Mastering control of your health and aging trajectory
- Acknowledging the rules and accepting the realities
- Understanding and using your emotional intelligence
- Preparing for the road ahead
- Excelling for the long run